Planning to get your senior portraits done this summer? If so you may have started planning your outfits or thinking about how you want to look, but have you given any thought to your hair and make-up?
Well done make-up is one of the best things you can do to make your senior portraits stand out. If your salon offers make-up, take advantage of it. A professional can give you that smooth finish and touch of color your face needs.
You want your face to look natural, yet enhance all your best features. Even if you don’t normally wear make-up, a light application can make a big difference. If you have blemishes, make-up can help diminish them and improve the look of your images.
Here are a few helpful tips about make-up:
- Use a light dusting of powder to reduce shine.
- Use matte as opposed to a shimmer eye shadow.
- False eyelashes look fabulous in photographs and completely natural.
- Add a little gloss to your lips to make them look fuller.
If your portraits are scheduled during an Arkansas hot summertime, be sure and bring your make-up along for quick touch-ups and something to blot the perspiration.
When it comes to your hair, you don’t want to do anything crazy right before your session. Definitely make a hair styling appointment the day of your session. Don’t make any drastic changes, just get it styled. If you typically use color or highlights on your hair, do that a couple of weeks before your session. More hair tips:
- Having your mother or friend along to give you hair support during your session is a great idea. I may not know how your hair looks every day, but they do.
- Bring a mirror, brush and even hairspray to make adjustments as needed.
- Have an alternate style in mind to make a quick switch that will change up the look of your portraits.
- Consider clothing that will be going over your head and organize outfits accordingly.
A final tip, choose the experience session which includes two separate sessions which will give you more variety in hair and make-up, and a greater selection of images to choose from.
Contact me today to schedule your senior portraits: email@example.com