Want Halloween photos that tell a story? Photos that really show your child’s personality? It’s simple, but you have to start a few days early.
1. This is my number one best tip for just about any Holiday pictures: do the photos before Halloween. Why bring that costume out just once this season? Get all dressed up and shoot some fun photos before the actual day before you are running late and frazzled.
2. Don’t just pose, play! Let them act out their character, really get into it. The photos will be so much more fun and really capture their personality.
3. Get outside! Photos look much better in natural light without that annoying flash. But if the weather is being unreasonable, use natural light from a window or open door.
4. Get away from background distractions. Choose a location in your yard where you can’t see your house or your parked cars. Let the kid and the costume really stand out.
5. Get dressed up and get in the picture! My kids love it when I dress up for Halloween (I do too!)
Can’t wait to see your Halloween photos. Be sure and post some to Instagram and use #31days1000words so I can take a look.